Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Attention by: Rishi Singh


Attention is key when teaching students. There will be times when the teacher has no control over the students. To gather the student’s attention, you have to be loud and confident about the topic. You have to be the leader in the classroom. Gathering the attention of the students is a very difficult thing to do. You need to create a safer environment for the student in order for them to learn better. Try to have the students physically active when teaching. Taking notes as you talk. Take a break from fill in notes and try have the students write everything you say down. This will also get them ready for their future. In college, there are no fill in notes. The student has to create his own from what he has learned in the class. This requires the student to actively listen to the teacher but also taking notes at the same time.
            I had a class where the teacher had nothing but simple posters to make the class better. This class was my last block of the day, I am usually never tired at the end of the day, but this class just gave me the feeling of falling asleep right where I was sitting. I found this as a huge problem when I actually fell asleep in class and forgot to fill in my notes. Later I asked my mom if she had a way to pay attention. She had a very simple way to stay awake in class, which really helped me later on in that class. Her solution was to scribble random things on your paper to keep your mind and blood flowing.
            Attention in the classroom is a hard thing to control in the classroom. Teachers need to master the ability of gathering the student’s attention in order to be successful in the classroom.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment